Academies affected should publish their figures by no later than Thursday 30 March 2023 to avoid getting a ‘late badge’ on the gender pay gap service if you fail to report and publish – these are visible the public.
If the trust has 250 or more employees (employee numbers is in reference to headcount and not full time equivalent), you will need to:
- Ensure your academy trust has a nominated individual registered with the GPG service.
- Read the guidance at Gov.uk, which includes:
- Guidance on GPGR
- 8 ways to understand your organisation’s gender pay gap
- Recommended actions to close the gap
- Four steps to developing a gender pay gap action plan
- Report your GPG data ahead of the 30 March 2023 deadline.
Please note that if you previously reported but are no longer required to, due to a fall in employee numbers, you should sign into your account on the gender pay gap service and change your reporting requirement.
The gender pay report will also need to be published on your own website. If you do not report on time, or report inaccurate data, the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) may take enforcement action which can lead to court orders and fines.