It is important that trusts take responsibility for record storage after closure or transfer of an academy/trust in addition to transferring pupil records when moving between settings.
The new guidance covers finance records in addition to pupil, staff, building and governance records, complimenting some of the existing guidance, such as the Academy Trust Handbook, which you can read here.
More specifically, the new guidance includes:
- An introduction to record keeping
- The minimum to be kept
- Storage of files
- Transfer of records
- Retention of records
- How to dispose of records
- Academy closures
- Trust closures or transfers within a local authority
- Trust closures or transfers involving more than one local authority
- HMRC retention requirements
- Companies House retention requirements
If you would like to find out more information on the ESFA Update for academies and trusts, then click here.
If you require any help with understanding the guidance, in relation to financial record retention or assistance with interpreting HMRC or Companies House requirements, then please contact Kay Flevill on email@example.com, or you usual UHY adviser.