The additional support that is to be made available includes:
- A one-off top-up grant, on a per-property basis, for closed retail, hospitality and leisure businesses based on premises size:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000.
- A support fund totalling £594 million to allow local authorities to give grants to other businesses impacted by the lockdown.
- A continuation of the 100% rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses.
What support is currently available?
We have provided a summary of the key support measures currently available, with information about deadlines and the action needed to take advantage of these measures. Download our PDF summary below.
Please note that the situation is changing rapidly so we recommend reviewing the government guidance on Covid-19: support for businesses regularly.