We are driven by our purpose
At UHY we pride ourselves on being people focused, and we understand the importance of attracting and keeping the highest calibre teams.
UHY is not just a firm of accountants, a place of work, an employer. UHY is a team who are trained to help each other prosper. We pledge to invest in our people, their skills and their future, as we continue to develop our business and the way we serve our clients.
Our purpose of ‘helping you prosper’ forms the basis of all that we do, and also of our talent pledge, and we are committed to developing talent at all levels. Our clients tell us that what makes us truly stand out is the enthusiasm and the passion of our people.
How we help the UHY team prosper
Our people are integral to everything we do. We pride ourselves on being 'people-first' and we understand the importance of attracting – and keeping – the highest calibre teams. We are proactively looking for applicants, with passion and ambition, to join our growing team in London.
In return, we promise:
- To be values driven and focused on helping you prosper
- To deliver a culture of work-life balance, with a strong focus on wellbeing
- To provide a clear career framework and routes to progress
- To ensure a culture that encourages and values diversity in all its forms and in which equality is the norm
- To offer ongoing training and development opportunities throughout your career
- To support our teams in contributing to society and helping our local community prosper
- To meet the needs of our teams and clients responsibly, operating in a sustainable manner and constantly seeking to reduce our carbon footprint
If you want to work within an open, friendly and supportive team with a focus on the future and ongoing progression and evolution, UHY is the place to be. Whether you are just starting your career or looking to progress, we would love to hear from you.
Our purpose of ‘helping you prosper’ drives all that we do at UHY and really gives meaning to our work. We are passionate about helping our teams, our clients, and our community, determine what prosperity means for them, and to help them achieve it.
To ensure we achieve our purpose, we have a suite of values and behaviours that we live by.
Our values came from our people. Individuals at all levels within UHY had a voice in articulating what it should feel like to work with UHY, and how we expect our team mates to behave towards each other, now and into the future.
Our four core values and the associated behaviours for each are:
In summary, this is what each of our four core values mean:
We are passionate about making progress to deliver above and beyond. We pledge to encourage those around us and provide direction to help them develop their skills and their future as we continue to embrace change and move forward.
We seek to put ourselves in each other’s shoes to ensure we work together with real understanding and empathy. This helps us to build close working relationships with our teams and to thank and reward each other for contributions towards building a cohesive culture.
Driven by our commitment to be honest and have integrity, we seek to always engage fully and commit to providing a consistently high-quality service to our clients and teams.
Ultimately, we love being part of UHY and understand that to help each other and our clients prosper, we need to commit fully and enjoy our work. We are not afraid to speak our mind and to challenge thinking to ensure we add value each day.
Investing in your success
Our teams are the heart of our future and we are passionate about developing our people and supporting their career progression.
Follow the career path of one of our directors, Harriet Hodgson-Grove, on her journey from trainee. Harriet joined UHY in 2011 as a trainee accountant and is now a successful director.
Graduate profile: Zac
What do you like most about your role?
The most enjoyable thing about my role is the opportunity to work in constantly changing teams, whilst continuing to develop my knowledge and practical skills. I enjoy the professional challenges of going to client sites and liaising with the finance departments of clients across a wide range of industries. Finally, I enjoy working with my colleagues at UHY, they are the great people you form a bond with whilst spending time on audits together. This closeness is aided by out of work socialising with colleagues, as we often have to work away, in different areas with our audit teams.
We want you to feel like you belong at UHY. We state our wholehearted support for the principles and practices of equal opportunity and recognise that it is the duty of all employees to accept their personal responsibility for fostering a fully integrated community at work by adhering to the principles of equal opportunity and maintaining a harmonious working environment.
Having a diverse workforce leads to increased performance as well as a better working environment. As a firm, we value diversity across all areas including neuro diversity, race, gender and age.
We see diversity as an integral part of our approach and we aim to embed it in all our processes, valuing, embracing and promoting diversity. This is critical to building an inclusive culture for all, which is key for attracting and retaining the best people, ultimately, growing our business going forward.
- Flexible working hours and TOIL/Overtime, depending on level and role
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown (not counted as part of holiday entitlement)
- 28 days’ holiday including bank holidays (33 for assistant managers and above)
- Annual leave increases with length of service
- Private healthcare at a discounted rate - AXA
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Season ticket loan
- Pension arrangements - Aviva
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Subsidised corporate gym membership
- Annual flu immunisation
- Private dental cover at discounted rates
- The option to purchase up to 5 days’ extra leave via salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to get involved with our national charity
- Christmas and Summer parties and office social events
- Flexible workwear dress code
- Employee referral schemes, including finder’s fee and client introduction fees
- Values recognition programme, including cash award and money to charity
- Long Service Awards
- Free breakfast, snacks and fruit provided daily
- Access to full suite of showers, lockers and changing rooms, plus a drying room
Are you an ambitious individual, looking to work in a dynamic and challenging environment?
You can make a real difference. Search our experienced role vacancies here.
At UHY all of our member firms and our teams within them are driven by our purpose of helping you prosper, and this applies across all that we do for our clients, our teams and our communities.
Our programmes will give you the training and support you need to unlock your full potential and enjoy a prosperous future.