The firm is recruiting for a payroll administrator in Letchworth.
UHY Hacker Young Letchworth is looking for two experienced payroll administrators to work at our Letchworth office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing payroll team in a growing company with a real track record for success.
The payroll division is an expanding area of our business and the team has grown significantly over the past year. Due to changes with pensions and auto enrolment we are looking to appoint two new administrators to look after multiple payroll clients.
The payroll administrator’s primary role will be preparing and delivering weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll services to the large and varied client base of the Bureau.
The role will include:
- administration of payroll processing;
- preparation of payroll reports and pay-slips for submission to clients;
- error checking;
- processing of SSP, SMP and SPP;
- processing in relation to Pensions Automatic Enrolment; and
- liaising with internal and external contacts.
The successful candidate will be given full training for the role.
Skills required for the role:
- a minimum of a five GCSE’s at grade C or above;
- excellent communication skills and high standards of written and spoken English;
- excellent organisational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise;
- ability to work independently with some guidance;
- attention to detail, a professional approach to the tasks given and lots of common sense;
- excellent customer service skills;
- excellent keyboard skills – intermediate or advanced experience of Excel would be a distinct advantage;
- payroll processing experience;
- good knowledge of PAYE, NIC, SSP and SMP calculations; and
- experience of dealing with multiple payrolls.
Although not essential, previous experience of using Star payroll software would be a distinct advantage to your application.
- 37.5 per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm. Flexible working is available and will be discussed individually;
- salary commensurate with experience; and
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays).
The ability to salary sacrifice a number of benefits will be discussed at interview.