UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of chartered accountants with offices in Park Row, Nottingham. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
Our Nottingham team is currently recruiting for an AAT qualified or ACA/ACCA trainee semi senior with 1-2 years’ experience.
The partners and staff at UHY in Nottingham provide a range of accounting, audit, taxation and management accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of clients. As well as SMEs (small to medium-sized enterprises), we also look after the business concerns of very small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships as well as the affairs of some large businesses with much more complex, technical requirements.
Overview of role:
- preparation of financial statements, year-end accounts, other accounting and finance returns (VAT, management figures etc);
- the primary focus of the role will be to assist managers and supervisors in preparing accounts for a variety of business. These accounts will be for direct review by managers and partners;
- to assist managers, supervisors and seniors in the delivery and completion of audit work.
This role may be ideal for an ambitious individual with a smaller firm wanting to move to a Top 15 firm or for someone currently in an environment where there is limited opportunity for progression – the right person can expect early responsibility and will progress through the ranks and play a real role in the future of our practice.
- ACA or ACCA trainees with 1-2 years’ experience; or AAT qualified with some substantial audit experience;
- to be considered for this role you must have experience in audit and accountancy including the handling of a portfolio of clients in a professional firm;
- experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level;
- knowledge of Sage, Viztopia and the ProAudit packages will be beneficial;
- well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on the open job vacancy and UHY.
The working week is 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.00am to 5.30pm with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays);
- discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- the ability to ‘purchase’ extra days of leave in salary sacrifice;
- private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- private dental cover at discounted rates;
- subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- life assurance (4x salary);
- season ticket loan (for travel);
- childcare voucher scheme.