UHY Hacker Young is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Park Row, Nottingham. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
The partners and staff at UHY in Nottingham provide a range of accounting, audit, taxation and management accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of clients. As well as SMEs (Small to Medium-sized Enterprises), we also look after the business concerns of very small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships as well as the affairs of some large businesses with much more complex, technical requirements.
This role is perfect for an accountant with strong cloud accounting capabilities who wants to develop their career with a reputable Top 20 practice.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Xero and cloud accounting generally.
Purpose of role:
- Preparation of financial statements, year-end accounts, other accounting and financial returns (VAT, Management accounts, cash flow forecasts etc)
- The primary focus of the role will be to assist managers and supervisors in preparing accounts for a variety of business. These accounts will be for direct review by managers and partners.
- To have a very strong focus on the benefits to our clients of cloud accounting, specifically Xero, and to help champion Xero for the Nottingham office particularly in light of the implications of Making Tax Digital
This role is ideal for an ambitious individual part of a smaller firm wanting to move to a Top 20 or for someone currently in an environment where there is limited opportunity for progression – the right person can expect early responsibility and will progress through the ranks and play a real role in the future of our practice.
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA) and/or qualified by experience
- To be considered for this role you must have experience in an accountancy practice and an enthusiasm for working with a variety of client businesses.
- Experience in Sage and/or QuickBooks
- Experience using Xero (Essential)
- Experience using cloud software (Essential)
- Experience using CCH
- Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on the job vacancy and UHY.
The working week: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.00AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
14 Park Row, Nottingham, NG1 6GR
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days’ leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Childcare voucher scheme.