UHY Hacker Young is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants with offices in Park Row, Nottingham. The partners and staff at UHY in Nottingham provide a range of accounting, audit, taxation and management accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
As well as SMEs (small to medium-sized enterprises), we also look after the business concerns of very small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships as well as the affairs of some large businesses with much more complex, technical requirements.
Our Nottingham team is currently recruiting for an AAT /ACCA qualified assistant manager or manager, or senior qualified by experience, who will report to partners and/or senior managers.
The incoming manager will be used to dealing with a portfolio of clients and being responsible for the delivery of accounting support, accountancy and taxation services to those clients. Ideally the candidate will have a thorough grounding in the relevant issues and service demands in dealing with clients in the owner-managed business sector. In particular we are looking for someone with an excellent working knowledge of cloud accounting software.
Along with another manager, the candidate will be supervising the work of a team of five people (mostly AAT trainees) in our client support department.
The clients cover a range of sectors and sizes, but they are mostly owner managed businesses that require a level of support and day-to-day involvement in their financial affairs. This work is managed through our client support department which consists of two managers, an experienced accountant and four AAT trainees. The accounting support and VAT/bookkeeping work is provided through Sage and Xero software.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- managing a portfolio of clients to whom we provide accounting support.
- VAT and bookkeeping, management accounting and statutory accounts services.
- ACA or ACCA Qualified (or equivalent)
- to be considered for this role you must have substantial experience in handling a portfolio of clients in a professional firm
- Sage, cloud accounting software essential (ideally Xero)
- CCH Accounts Production experience is ideal but not essential
- well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on the open job vacancy and UHY
The hours are 37.5 per week but we operate a partial flexi system in Nottingham. This consists of a basic set of core hours which the individual can flex around.
- 33 days’ holiday including statutory bank/public holidays rising with length of service and/or promotion. The firm also operates a discretionary Christmas shutdown that is not counted as part of staff holiday entitlement
- the ability to ‘purchase’ up to five extra days leave in salary sacrifice
- private medical insurance
- private dental cover at discounted rates
- subsidised corporate gym membership
- life assurance, (up to 4x salary)
- contributory pension arrangements
- season ticket loan for travel
- childcare vouchers (on a salary sacrifice basis)