Our executor and probate advisers have both the experience and the sensitivity to ensure that your estate or that of a friend or family member will be handled professionally.
Our London, Letchworth, Kent and York offices are licensed to carry out ‘non-contentious’ probate work. This means that in most cases they can prepare the statement of truth (the replacement for the traditional executors’ oath) and submit the probate application, enabling them to offer a complete probate and estate administration service. Offices that are not licensed to carry out probate work can assist with other aspects of estate administration and facilitate introductions to other professionals who can help with the probate application.
How we can help you?
It is common that those named as executors will choose to seek professional advice to assist them with the more complex and technical stages of what may be a drawn out and emotionally draining process.
We can offer help in a variety of different ways and at a variety of different stages. In particular, we can:
- as individuals, act as executor (with a family member or other professional)
- prepare the HM Revenue & Customs Account for Inheritance Tax and, either directly or working with a solicitor, submit an application for probate or letters of administration on behalf of the intending executors/administrators
- deal with the finalisation of the tax affairs of the deceased, including disclosure of previously undisclosed liabilities and the mitigation of interest and penalties
- advise the beneficiaries as to the tax-efficient administration of the estate and their own tax planning, including variations of the deceased’s Will
- complete tax returns for the period of administration and provide details and advice relevant to the completion of the beneficiaries’ own returns
- manage the executors’ bank account and deal with all administrative matters, including the transfer of assets to beneficiaries
- prepare detailed and clear accounts in respect of the period of administration.
If you are unsure of who to name as an executor of your Will, your UHY Hacker Young adviser will offer professionalism, independence and a thorough understanding of your affairs.
If you are named as executor by a friend or family member do bear in mind that we can help make the administration process both quicker and more cost-effective.
The next step
If you would like to find out more about the services for executors that we can provide, please contact one of our private client specialists at your nearest location, or complete the contact form.
Personal Affairs Checklist
We have produced a Personal Affairs Checklist (PAC) to assist you in keeping a concise and up-to-date note of matters relevant to your personal affairs. Click the link below to download the form, save it in electronic format or fill it out and print at home. Please be assured that any data inputted electronically to this downloadable PDF form will in no way be logged or tracked by UHY and remains entirely confidential to you.