23 March 2020
Whilst the Coronavirus or COVID-19 is rightly at the top of everybody’s agenda and all Education establishments are now closed for the foreseeable future. Under the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017, the statutory deadline for Gender Pay Gap Reporting is fast approaching, with schools, Academy Trusts and Further Education colleges with 250 or more employees requiring to publish their figures by no later than Monday 30 March.
So if you have 250 or more employees you need to:
- ensure your school, trust or college has a nominated individual registered with the gender pay reporting service,
- start preparing your organisations gender pay gap information.
The gender pay gap is the difference in the average hourly wage of all men and women across the school, trust or college.
There are eight ways to understand your organisations gender pay gap:
- are staff stuck at various levels within the trust?
- is there a gender imbalance in promotions?
- are women more likely to be recruited into lower paid roles?
- do men and women leave your trust at the same rates?
- does starting pay differ by gender?
- is equal support provided to men and women to take over caring responsibilities?
- are you doing all you can to support part time employees?
So if you require any help or support with Gender Pay Gap Reporting, please contact your local UHY office.