Increasing your rewards
Paying tax is a certainty in life and it is important that everyone pays their fair share. However there is always scope to organise your business and personal finances so you can ensure you are paying no more than you need to by reducing your tax bill and keeping hold of more of your hard-earned income.
The world of tax and tax services is complex and ever changing, so it is important to have access to regular, reliable advice. When we deliver tax services, our priority is to ensure that you pay the minimum amount of tax. As a result, one of our first tasks is to take an in-depth look at your personal and corporate tax exposure including VAT, PAYE and National Insurance.
Access to advanced tax services
As your business grows and your tax bill rises, it is a good idea to consider a number of specialist tax strategies. By working together to understand your needs we can provide a valuable and effective tax planning service. We will make sure that the right strategies are put in place in order to relieve your tax burden and achieve your financial goals. Here are some of the things we typically look at:
- Remuneration planning and profit extraction: providing tax efficient remuneration for directors and key employees resulting in little or no tax.
- Corporation tax mitigation: keeping the amount you pay to a minimum.
- Restructure and reorganisation: ensuring that as your business and circumstances change that this does not result in higher taxes.
- Property purchase advice: minimising stamp duty and claiming tax relief on capital allowances that you perhaps did not even know you had.
- Personal tax planning: showing you how to minimise your personal tax liability and ensuring that you do not pay too much income or capital gains tax.
- Inheritance tax planning: using a personal balance sheet to show you how much you are worth and how much IHT your estate will pay if you do not take action.
Gaining peace of mind
If you deal with your own business and personal tax affairs, you will be aware of the increasing rules and regulations, as well as the penalties imposed for not complying. We can help you to meet your fiscal responsibilities by ensuring that all returns are filed correctly, completely and on time to meet any deadlines. This means you can enjoy the comfort of knowing that none of the rules and regulations are being breached inadvertently.
As a long established and well-respected local firm we are well versed in conducting investigations, with a reputation of being fair but challenging opponents of HM Revenue and Customs HMRC. We know that conducting a defense against HMRC allegations can be very costly, so to help, we can offer you membership of our Tax Investigation Service. For a modest annual payment, the professional fees incurred in defending most types of HMRC investigations will be covered by the fee protection insurance that underpins the service.
The next step
If you would like to discuss tax then please get in touch with one of the members of our team.
The UHY Hacker Young tax app for the iPhone gives you quick and easy access to key UK tax information. It can be downloaded from the App Store by searching for ‘UHY tax hub’.