About this Event
UHY Torgersens Chartered Accountants, together with Hay & Kilner Law Firm, are holding a seminar for those involved in the Buy-to-Let and Furnished Holiday Lets markets.
Who should attend?
This seminar will be of interest to anyone who has buy-to-let properties and/or furnished holiday lets, those looking to invest in properties of this type or those who work in the sector. It will be of benefit to a wide-ranging audience including landlords, potential landlords, investors, letting agents and estate agents.
We will be providing an update on:
- The latest tax position relating to buy-to-let properties, including the pros and cons of owning property through a limited company
- Capital Gains Tax and the reduction of tax relief on property finance costs
- Furnished holiday lets and how the tax treatment differs from buy-to-lets
- Key legal issues you need to be aware of, including
- Residential properties – your obligations, tenant issues and letting agent issues
- Furnished holiday lets – your obligations, the advantages compared to residential tenancies and the most common legal pitfalls you may experience
- Student accommodation – HMO and minimum spacing requirements, Title issues and key risks you may face
Wednesday 19 June 2019
4:30 pm – Registration and refreshments
5:00 pm – Presentation begins
5:45 pm – Q&A
6:00 pm – Supper & drinks will be served
7:00 pm – Close
Kingston Park Stadium,
Kenton Bank Foot,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Directions and details of free parking can be found here.
To reserve your free place at this seminar, please call Fiona on 07940 184 650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.