I AM are a local UK registered charity, who support individuals from the age of 10 who have a diagnosis of autism.
Over the next month partners and staff from UHY Manchester will be working together to fundraise as much money as possible for the charity, with an initial target of £500. From walking challenges to cakes sales, we will be going that extra mile to make a difference to this worthwhile charity.
More about I AM – Celebrating Autism in Greater Manchester
I AM offer social and leisure activities for ASC individuals, to help build friendships and relationships with others. As well as activities, they offer;
- One to one, personal centred support for ASC individuals
- Outreach support for ASC individuals
- Advice and information service
- Zoom chats
- Support for parents
Why I AM need support
Like many other organisations, the pandemic has impacted I AM and their funding heavily, but particularly as the result of losing a core funder of their youth activities. With funding I AM could;
- Run more youth and adult groups
- Offer more one to one support
- Widen the support for parents
- Offer employability skills training
- Offer support to employers of ASC individuals
The next steps
If you would like to help this amazing charity and contribute to our fundraising efforts so they can keep supporting individuals with ASC and their families, please visit our official JustGiving page.