A VAT specialist and manager, Michelle joined UHY Hacker Young in 2004. In 2009 she became a member of the Institute of Indirect Taxation, which has now merged with the Chartered Institute of Taxation. She is also a member of the VAT practice group.
Outside of work Michelle moves between being mum to two boys and spending time with the family to running to keep fit and socialising with friends.
- Advising on complex land and property transactions
- Working closely with Academies on individual queries and the submission of claims and VAT returns
- International VAT queries
- Resolving disputes with HMRC
- Submission of EC VAT returns and liaising with EC tax authorities
- All areas of EC VAT including general queries
- General compliance work