Join us, Thursday 18 May, for a one hour auto-enrolment breakfast briefing aimed at owners of small businesses who are looking for clear, practical advice, delivered by experts.
This event is tailored to those who wish to understand more about the auto-enrolment process; what it means to your business, how to most effectively engage your staff and the most recent advice on pensions, potential work place issues and payroll.
The briefing will be of particular interest to businesses which do not yet have an auto-enrolment pension scheme in place, as well as those which already have a scheme and are interested in gaining a broader appreciation of their legal obligations and the options that exist to improve their systems.
The briefing will run as follows:
7.30am – 8.00am: Registration and buffet breakfast
8.00am – 9.00am: Presentations
Venue: Quality Hotel, Witney Way, Boldon, NE35 9PE. T: 0191 519 1999
UHY Torgersens Chartered Accountants – Martin Johnson, Partner
- An overview of Auto-enrolment legislation and what is required
- Payroll and Auto-enrolment – the main points to consider
- How to remove the risk of significant penalty costs associated with non-compliance
Avensure Ltd – Andrew Drummond and Russell Smith
- Who is actually eligible? The policies and procedures which ensure you don’t pay
for pensions for contractors/sub-contractors/temporary staff
- Protecting your business in line with Auto Enrolment legislation
- Learning from others’ mistakes – how to avoid issues such as claims for unlawful
deduction of wages, considering those on parental leave or long term sick, etc.
- Practical advice on introducing essential policies and procedures
Interested but not able to attend?
Let us know, we’ll be pleased to arrange a meeting with you to review the key points of the presentations.